Understanding The Pros And Cons Of Laser Hair Removal
A common phrase which we have heard a lot is- “Beauty is Pain”. This might have been true a few years ago. But today, it’s not the case anymore. Take the process of hair removal, for example. We have been going for threading, waxing and shaving for years but laser hair removal has solved all the problems which come with those painful and irritating procedures.
What does laser hair removal do?
The laser hair removal process is a semi-permanent way to get rid of unwanted hair. The effects stay from anywhere to 6 months to a year, depending on the kind of procedure you opt for and the kind of hair you have. The technicians and experts with analysis your skin and hair’s quality, density and colour and make sure that the equipment and products used suit your skin and hair type. The laser targets the hair follicles and destroys them. This slows down the pace of the hair growth in the targeted area. The laser also works on the melanin of the body hair. This makes the new hair come out thinner and lighter. So, the problems of bristly, bumpy hair are solved with laser hair removal. The effects stay longer. You don’t have to go through hair removal processes very 2 weeks. IPL or laser hair removal machine with reduce hair for good, at least for a year or so. The whole course or set takes 6 to 8 sessions within a given time period.
Few disadvantages of laser hair removal and advantages which help overcome them
- You can say goodbye to your waxing kits and razors for as long as a year.
- You might feel a bit uncomfortable. But the process is not as painful as threading and waxing. It would just feel a bit tingly, like you’re being snapped by a rubber band. Its irritating, but this sensation goes down to almost nothing
- Reddish skin is a common side effect. But you shouldn’t have to worry about rashes and irritated skin. This is a side effect of threading and waxing and even in cases of shaving and using creams. But laser hair removal is done with the best equipment and uses special coolants in the machine itself. The skin won’t burn or get damaged if you go to a reputed clinic. Use of proper cooling gels or lotions can help reduce the bit of redness which you might have after every session but that’s about it.
- It’s expensive as compared to a can of waxing gel. But you will be saving money overall with laser treatment. If you take into account the number of times you have to visit the parlour or buy hair removing creams and gels, or razors, you will see that on the long run, laser hair removal actually saves you money.
- You will have to be patient as 6 to 8 session is a lot of time. But the actual procedure will take less than half and hour which is probably less than how much time you spend waxing or shaving.
Consider these points and you’ll soon see that its a great idea to go for laser hair removal to get rid of unwanted hair from any part of your body.