6 Things To Keep In Mind While Taking Care Of Your Pet Chinchilla
As you get yourself a Chinchilla as a pet. There are several things that you should learn about your furry little friend in order to take proper care of your pet Chinchilla. As you get your chinchilla a place to stay it is now time for you to take proper care of your pet. Here are the 6 important things that you should know about Chinchilla as a pet owner.
- Chinchillas are really skittish rodents and it will take them some time before they can get accustomed to humans. This is why as you get yourself a Chinchilla, make sure that you give your pet proper time to adjust to the new environment.
If you have kids at your house it is recommended that you avoid getting a Chinchilla unless your kids are capable of handling your pet on their own. As they might touch or handle your pet inappropriately and it might bite them in this process.
- It is really important that you know that Chinchilla takes time before they get comfortable around other Chinchilla or humans. So if you are planning on getting more than one Chinchilla, it is advised that you introduce them to each other at a young age so that they can get along with each other in a much better and effective way. Moreover, if you are not ready to take care of Chinchilla babies, you should put two Chinchillas of the opposite sex in the same cage.
- Since Chinchillas are nocturnal animals you might get disturbed by the noises they make during the night. So if you are a light sleeper you should definitely avoid getting Chinchilla as your pet. Moreover, you will find that they are mostly active during dusk and at dawn so make sure that you are fully prepared before you get yourself a Chinchilla.
- Chinchillas are active animals that need a lot of space. This is why you need to get your pet Chinchilla a cage that is spacious so they can move around comfortably. It is also advised that you place toys and interesting items in the cage so they can play around as well.
- It is also vital that you keep the cage well ventilated so that they get fresh and dry air throughout the day. Also, it is important that you know that if you keep your Chinchilla in humid temperature they can get fungal infections as well. Considering all this, it is really important that keep your Chinchilla in an airconditioned room so that they get cool and dry air that suits them well.
- Chinchillas are finicky eaters which is why you should try to use food pellets, hay, and dry treats as that way they will not get gastrointestinal problems. This is why it is really important that you choose a proper diet plan for your pet. Overfeeding is not an option as that can upset their stomach.
- Lastly, your furry little friend needs a lot of love from you so make sure that you pay proper attention to your pet Chinchilla and give them proper care and attention so that they can bond with you.
These are the 6 most important things that you should know about pet Chinchillas as a caring pet owner.