Everything You Need To Know About A Vacation in Miami Beach And South Beach
When you are in Miami, the very first thing you are going to think is that whether South Beach and Miami Beach are different or not. No. These two are not separate beaches but the South Beach is only the part of Miami Beach (the southern part of Miami Beach) to be exact. Both the areas have different features and benefits for tourists who travel to Miami. If you are planning a vacation, then you need to be sure of where to stay – Miami Beach or South Beach. Most people who live in South Beach live a fun filled life. So let us everything you should know about planning a vacation to either of the two places.
Staying in South Beach
South Beach strip is filled with daytime recreational centers and drinking spots which offer you the best drinks in Miami. Fat Tuesdays or Ocean’s Ten, all are located in South Beach. Most of then turn into nightclubs every night with seductive dancers and appealing crowd. The South Beach is beautiful and has a great selection of places where you can sit, relax and busk under the warm sun all-day long. There are some LGBT bars around here. The soothing atmosphere around the South Beach really sets the holiday mood in and is the perfect place for those who want to enjoy the calmness and partying spirit that is everywhere in this area. With several hotels and resorts available in South Beach, it won’t be a problem to enjoy a luxurious holiday here with your friends or family. There are many interesting attractions in South Beach – World Erotic Art Museum, Espanola Way, STORY night club, Lincolnton Mall Road, etc.
- Most of the attractions are at a walking distance, so don’t need to travel extra.
- This area is close to shopping districts.
- Several museums and galleries are here.
- Hot and sultry nightlife.
- Many renowned bars and restaurants.
- South Beach is really loud. You will always hear music blaring at some point of the day for sure.
- Hotels and resorts are not as majestic or extravagant like that of Miami Beach.
- Too much of young and crazy crowd which makes it less likely a place to be with family or old people.
Staying in Miami Beach
When you are planning to stay around the Miami Beach area, the notable benefit you are going to experience, is the peacefulness of this area. The Miami Beach area is the perfect place to attain peace and tranquility in Miami. Since the beaches are much less crowded, you can rest on a lounge chair and sip on your favorite drink throughout the day. Families and especially couples, will be much more comfortable and get more privacy here. South Beach area lacked the number of hotels which will give you the majestic or luxurious feel, Miami Beach is full of them. Four Seasons Hotel, Fontainebleau and Nautilus by Arlo located in different parts of Miami Beach, are some of the best hotels in the whole of the city. Most of the hotels have huge pools, cabana beachfront, private beach access, etc. Venetian Pool, Miami Seaquarium, Bayside Marketplace and Vizcaya Museum & Gardens are some of the best attractions around here. The nightlife in Miami Beach is very attractive. There are eye-dazzling bars and nightclubs like the Treehouse, Shore Club, Do Not Sit On The Furniture and Nikki Beach Miami. The crowd here is more sophisticated and well-known.
- Much quieter than the South Beach Area
- Many places for sightseeing in proximity
- Hotels and resorts are world class
- Much less people and more privacy
- Exquisite nightlife and lush nightclubs
- You will need a cab ride for travelling very frequently.
- The ambiance is too sophisticated.
- Dining options are wide apart.
- Much more expensive than South Beach.
So, here is a stark comparison of both South Beach and Miami Beach when it comes to planning you holiday in Miami city. Both the areas of the city are good places to spend your vacations in but they have their own set of pros and cons. Depending on which one seems more favorable to you, book a hotel in that area.