7 Tips For Roasting Your Coffee Perfectly
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages on a global scale which is why you will find that coffee roasters in Singapore are really popular and there is a huge global demand for such coffee roasters. However, there are different things that you should keep in your mind as you decide to roast coffee on your own. In this article, we are going to take a look at the 7 different things that will help you in roasting your coffee perfectly.
- The first step in this process is to learn all about green coffee beans and the process of tasting defective beans so that you get the very best coffee beans. Moreover, this knowledge is going to help you understand the difference between the taste and variety that is offered by different types of coffee beans.
- With the evolution of technology, you will find that it is really easy for beginners to get high-quality equipment as they start roasting coffee on their own. However, as a professional coffee roaster, you should always look for high quality coffee beans that you can use.
- In this step, we will learn about the difference in the roasting process and the different variations that are there when it comes to roasting. Basically, there are 4 types of roasting variations that are light roast, medium roast, medium-dark roast, and dark roast. As a professional coffee roaster, you should learn to identify the taste all these roastings offer and how can you execute the roasting perfectly.
Lightly roasted beans are generally light brown and offer you a mild taste, medium roasted beans are darker than light roasted and are most popular in America. Medium dark roasted coffee beans offer a rich flavor along with an oily surface, and lastly, dark roasted coffee beans are bitter in taste and they also have an oily surface.
- You should always buy the freshest coffee possible as that will get you the rich flavor of coffee and green coffee beans are best if you get them from a supplier because of their long shelf life. Over time the flavor and taste of coffee beans are also affected.
- As you are roasting the coffee beans you will find that during the initial phase of roasting you will hear a cracking sound that will indicate you about the roasting process. Hearing more than one cracks indicated that you are roasting the beans for too long and you should stop.
This is where it is really important that you learn about the right temperature that will get you the best flavor with the beans. Besides that, it is also recommended that you stir the beans during the roasting process to get the best results.
- Fast roasting is another quick way of roasting the beans but it is quite complex as well, as you can easily burn the bean during that. This is why it is recommended that start with easier roasting processes and slowly try out these complex and faster roasting processes.
- Lastly, it is really important that you get yourself familiarized with the roaster that you are using so that you can use it to its full potential. Moreover, if you are familiar with your roaster it will get easier for you to roast your coffee beans perfectly.
These are the most important things that you should keep in your mind as you start roasting your own coffee beans.