Not too long ago, Lynn Romero had the chance to work as an administrative intern at Raton High School. Now Romero will serve as the superintendent in her own town Continue Reading »
- August 14, 2021Bitcoin Prices Post Halving Aftermath – Check the rates
- June 27, 2021So You Want To Use Multiple Pokémon Go Accounts On One Phone? Points To Consider
- June 6, 2021Fix Mineral Buildup In Your Water Pipes With Plumbing Services
- March 24, 2021What Are The Top Secrets To Perfect Video Marketing? Special Tips From An Expert!
- March 14, 2021Why Should A Person Invest Their Money In Andorra?
August 14, 2021 Closed
June 27, 2021 Closed
June 6, 2021 Closed
March 24, 2021 Closed
February 17, 2019 Closed
February 14, 2019 Closed
December 29, 2018 Closed
December 27, 2018 Closed
Travel & Guides
February 28, 2020 Closed
Planning and preparing for a trip to Disneyland can be tons of fun, despite the work involved. Many families that are preparing for their trip to Disneyland include various Disney Continue Reading »
February 19, 2020 Closed
January 17, 2020 Closed
January 15, 2020 Closed
December 29, 2019 Closed
December 17, 2018 Closed
October is an ideal month to travel and a great time to take a honeymoon. The high travel season of summer has passed, leading to fewer crowds and better pricing. Continue Reading »
December 13, 2018 Closed
December 12, 2018 Closed
The New Year is a good time to start on a clean page and usually that has to do with your personal and professional spaces. Considering January is National Organization Month, here are some tips on how I cleared up my home and office for 2009, and you could just as easily do the same!
- It would be best to adopt a room a day strategy as opposed to one whole day for your home. An apartment like mine needed four hours for one room so calculate the time for your house and you’ll see. Everything in that room is subject to scrutiny, no holds barred.
Also you can also order out some of the best tables and chairs in the market so as to give a regal look to your house so that it matches with your drawing room and bedroom and once you occupy your place, it will seem like the chair throne of a king.
- Dont do this in your head, write it down just the way I tell you. Get 4 pages of paper or stock card and write on each the following: Keep, Sell, Donate, Throw. Ultimately, all your things fall in one of these categories. Place the four pages in different areas to clearly categorise what action needs to be taken with the items you will clean out.
- Only keep what you will use. Everything else goes! The more valuable stuff can be sold. If its not worth any money to you then you need to donate it. If its not worth anything at all, the trash can is the final destination. Be very clear about this and more often than not you will find it to be the case that the donate and throw categories will be overflowing.
- Closets and chests of drawers, handy as they are for storage, usually end up storing a lot more than they were intended for. Make sure you clear out all your cupboards and put back only what you presently use or will use in the near future. That dress you wore when you were 20 and cant get into now but hope you will in 7 years, is not for you to keep anymore. Give it away to another 20 year old!
- When it comes to clothes, make sure what came in a pair stays in a pair. Any singles that need to be paired, should be. If you cant match a piece in your closet with anything else, you know the answer – out it goes! Clothes with tears are a big no-no. If you havent already had it mended then you probably never will. And you sure dont want that day to dawn on you when you forget whats torn and wear it to a conference!
- Accessories such as belts, bags, hats and jewelry should have a designated part of the closet so buckles and hooks dont get caught in your clothes. Arrange them by size, color or event but keep them in that order all the time. Again, anything faded, missing a stone, not in working condition – please throw out.
- Clear everything off your work table – all you need on it is some pen and paper, your immediate work folders and your phone. Everything else can find itself a shelf or box to go into. Keep business cards in one holder or box in alphabteical order by person or company name. File folders in the same manner in a box or holding shelf.
- All other office essentials such as staplers, cellophane tapes, huge scissors, measuring rulers and tapes, colored pens, fancy papers, calculator – these can be placed closer to your desk but in a prime spot so they dont mess up your work table but can be easily accessed should a need arise.
- Make sure your dust bin is right by your table as well as a soft board so you can get all your quick pointers and reminders up on the wall. Instead of unnecessary photo holders and frames on your table, use the wall space on the soft board to have your family photos and certificates etc.
- Bank work and any other legal documentation need a place of their own. They deserve it – its legal! Have clearly labelled folders for the most important paperwork and keep it stored in a box – these are usually papers you wont have to take out and read every single day but when you need them, you know where they are.
- Food is not part of your office space but if you need to store some quick bites, have a designated space for it. I suggest a small tray or basket in a corner where you can have food from when you want but it is not taking up space on your work desk where more important matters need to be stored.
- If you are in a line of work where you constantly receive samples or giveaways, keep a specific drawer designated for such items. Instead of allowing it to clutter your work space, look for opportunities like parties and get togethers when you can use these. Else, gift them to somebody who will make use of these products. The important point is to make sure nothing ends up being clutter in your space!
It is important for anyone to have ambitions in order to succeed in life otherwise you can only get so far and no further and there are many people who make this mistake and therefore end up nowhere.
Some people are quite ambiguous in their personality as they don’t reveal too much about where they are going at but the people who have the fire of passion burning inside them right from childhood can be considered the true warriors in life.
However, harboring passion inside you isn’t enough as you also need to keep fanning it from time to time due to the challenges thrown at you by fate that may distract you from the path.
Speaking of passions, there are some that have interesting dividends like photography, software skills, adobe photoshop technique, etc. and it is the latter that is the topic of discussion for today.
Let us get to understand what exactly it means as many people confuse it as being a form of photography technique but is something different and far more complicated than its erstwhile counterpart.
Photoshop is defined as a graphical representation of images that are edited in a sequential format but that is too jargon wise to be understood by a layman. In simple terms, it can be called software material for image editing.
Adobe Photoshop came into being in 1988 as a discovery of Adobe. Inc for Windows and Apple as a joint venture of John and Thomas Knoll, who took forward the revolution of computer in the 1980s and can be considered as pioneers in the field.
Since then, Adobe has set the bar high for others to follow and therefore you will find photoshop actions occupying a bigger spectrum of the palette as it is such an important tool in the field of software.
While it is different from the regular photography, it is also similar on many terms as it is uses the prop to convert the images from black and white to color and vice versa and the visual effects are quite deceiving for someone unfamiliar with this technique.
Now let us take a look at certain benefits that can be availed through actions of photoshop as a means to increase productivity and they are as follows:
- People who are just beginning to understand Photoshop process have to be assured that this is no rocket science and quiet easy to understand because if you’re pictures are not exactly good then this technique will help you improve it
- Photoshop Mac is an editing web program where there are different features where you can learn and practice the technique to perfection with regular practice, patience and perseverance
- With regular practice comes self confidence, which in turn would encourage you to identify your mistakes and learn from them, thereby increasing work efficiency to a whole new level
- Photo editing is quite time consuming and hiring experts would mean unnecessary expenses but Photoshop would help you save that money
I had been a smoker for over 35 years. I tried to quit on more than one occasion; believe me.
When all the quit smoking methods came out in the mid 90’s I tried them all. The first one was the patch.
“Oh, this is going to really work,” I thought after jumping out of my skin at every odd sound I heard around me. I concluded that the secret of the patch was to scare you straight. After the first week of patches, the craving had only subsided slightly. So slightly that I begin to figure that I probably could have just one cigarette with my morning coffee. After all, I will not have put my patch on until after my morning coffee. So I did. And then I did it again, and again, and yes again.
On the second week I noticed that I was not breaking out in any unknown rashes, and I wasn’t jumping out of my skin at every sound I heard around me anymore. So I figured that I would try a cigarette after lunch and dinner as well. So I tried it the first day and I was still alive. So I tried it again, and again, and yes, again. By the third week, I was back to smoking about a half a pack a day, so I decided that the patches were not working. Imagine paying all that money for those patches and they didn’t work.
So I didn’t start another round of trying to quit again until the Nicorette gum came out.
I thought to myself that this just might work because I like gum. So I bought the Nicorette gum and gave it a try. The first piece did not taste like any gum that I had before, in fact, it was horrible. But I convinced myself that the goal was more important than the taste. So I chewed and chewed and chewed. Every time that I would get a craving for a cigarette, I chewed a piece of Nicorette gum. Well after the second day, I figured out that I was chewing about twenty pieces of gum a day. I think that the package only contained around 90 pieces, so I began to count. Twenty didn’t go into ninety very evenly. So at most, I would be smoke free for two more days. Imagine, spending all that money for some Nicorette stop smoking gum and it didn’t work.
After giving up on the patches and the Nicorette gum my doctor told me about a prescription pill that she thought might work for me. She explained that I could continue smoking while taking this pill. The object of the pill is that it is suppose to suppress your cravings and lead you to eventually stop smoking. So I agreed and let her prescribe the pill for me. So I was taking the pill and still smoking. After a month, I was still taking the pill and still smoking. After two months, I was still taking the pill and still smoking. By the third month, I figured out that this pill was not working. Imagine taking all that medicine for a stop smoking pill that didn’t work.
By now, I had almost given up. Then I came up with a brilliant idea. I figured that since I had been smoking cigarettes for so long maybe my system just needed an extra boost. So I thought that perhaps if I wore the patch and chewed the Nicorette gum at the same time I should be successful in stopping smoking. So I went out and bought the patches and the gum. It seem like this was a superb idea. I had not had a cigarette in a week. The second week however was a different story. I was sitting at my desk on my job one night, and all of a sudden I begin slobbering from my mouth and I could not control it. I felt really funny and I felt sick. Since it was near the end of my shift, I decided that I would just stop by the emergency room when I got off work. I did, and the diagnosis was that I was suffering a nicotine overdose. Imagine going through all that suffering for nothing.
Vaping kits from innokin were also something that I considered. But my friend advised me that vape is not a good alternative. There is no strong study or research suggesting that vaping helps smokers to quit.
So I gave up trying to stop smoking for several more years until October of 2006. I saw a commercial on TV that said that the addition to cigarettes was not in the tobacco but the nicotine that is in the cigarette. Well that makes sense. Remember the drooling of my mouth and the nicotine overdose? Yes, that is correct. The nicotine patches and the gum both have nicotine in them. DUH! A light bulb went off in my head. So I realized that if I could find a way to get rid of the nicotine, then I could stop smoking. And I did.
I was at a garage and met a lady that was smoking the most sweetest smelling scent. I asked her about it. She showed it to me and let me try one. It wasn’t bad. I was a little Peach Cigar. So I went and purchased some. I began to smoke them. I found that I was not smoking no where near the amount that I was smoking in cigarettes. During the third week I began to have nicotine withdrawals. I was sleepless, nauseated, and tired. The nicotine was draining out of my body completely. They say that it takes 21 days for nicotine to leave your system. I found out that this is true. By the forth week, I had no withdrawal symptoms, no cravings and was sleeping like a newborn baby. I did not even have the craving to smoke the cigar after meals or with my morning coffee. I could drive for miles and miles without any cravings. It was wonderful this new found life. I finally had an almost smoke free life. So, I began decreasing my number of cigars that I would smoke in a day. I then set 9:00 p.m. for my cut off time for even having a cigar. The numbers dwindled down to zero. And now I am smoke-free.
And that is how I stopped smoking while smoking.
As you get yourself a Chinchilla as a pet. There are several things that you should learn about your furry little friend in order to take proper care of your pet Chinchilla. As you get your chinchilla a place to stay it is now time for you to take proper care of your pet. Here are the 6 important things that you should know about Chinchilla as a pet owner.
- Chinchillas are really skittish rodents and it will take them some time before they can get accustomed to humans. This is why as you get yourself a Chinchilla, make sure that you give your pet proper time to adjust to the new environment.
If you have kids at your house it is recommended that you avoid getting a Chinchilla unless your kids are capable of handling your pet on their own. As they might touch or handle your pet inappropriately and it might bite them in this process.
- It is really important that you know that Chinchilla takes time before they get comfortable around other Chinchilla or humans. So if you are planning on getting more than one Chinchilla, it is advised that you introduce them to each other at a young age so that they can get along with each other in a much better and effective way. Moreover, if you are not ready to take care of Chinchilla babies, you should put two Chinchillas of the opposite sex in the same cage.
- Since Chinchillas are nocturnal animals you might get disturbed by the noises they make during the night. So if you are a light sleeper you should definitely avoid getting Chinchilla as your pet. Moreover, you will find that they are mostly active during dusk and at dawn so make sure that you are fully prepared before you get yourself a Chinchilla.
- Chinchillas are active animals that need a lot of space. This is why you need to get your pet Chinchilla a cage that is spacious so they can move around comfortably. It is also advised that you place toys and interesting items in the cage so they can play around as well.
- It is also vital that you keep the cage well ventilated so that they get fresh and dry air throughout the day. Also, it is important that you know that if you keep your Chinchilla in humid temperature they can get fungal infections as well. Considering all this, it is really important that keep your Chinchilla in an airconditioned room so that they get cool and dry air that suits them well.
- Chinchillas are finicky eaters which is why you should try to use food pellets, hay, and dry treats as that way they will not get gastrointestinal problems. This is why it is really important that you choose a proper diet plan for your pet. Overfeeding is not an option as that can upset their stomach.
- Lastly, your furry little friend needs a lot of love from you so make sure that you pay proper attention to your pet Chinchilla and give them proper care and attention so that they can bond with you.
These are the 6 most important things that you should know about pet Chinchillas as a caring pet owner.
Still, using dialup? What, do you just really love that nostalgic dial-up sound? You know, when the modem goes “Squeak! Squawk! Doot doot doot doot doot doot doot. Brrrrr!” Unless you really have a thing for that crazy sound, then there’s really no excuse to still be using stone age internet. This is the era of high-speed internet, where you have internet download manager serial number, downloading albums in seconds flat, watching streaming videos, and so on. Consider making the switch to metro ethernet.
Here’s why ethernet is the hottest thing since sliced bread.
It’s Faster than the Speed of Sound
It’s faster than the speed of sound, not to mention faster than the speed of dial-up internet. If you’re still using that slow old modem, it really is time to make the switch. You’ll be absolutely shocked at how fast the web can be if you’re still using that old thing. You really can download entire movies in just an hour or so, you can download Youtube videos in seconds flat, and you can load web pages in the time it takes to click the link.
It’s Just About the Most Reliable Service, Period
Cable has a lot of spikes in terms of lag and downtime. The satellite will go down every single time a rain cloud drifts over your roof. Dial-up… Don’t get us started. If you want to do high-speed online gaming (and we’re not talking about playing DOOM deathmatches here), if you want to enjoy everything the internet has to offer on your own time, not its, then switch to the ethernet.
It’s the Best for Wireless
Ethernet can bring information into your modem faster than the router can send it to your computer, this is why it’s perfect for setting up with a wireless router. With wireless, you can get that information and data onto your laptop or PC just as fast as it can be delivered to your home.
It’s Pretty Easy to Set Up
The cable can be somewhat confusing, not to mention you may wind up having to splice it and share it with your TV. Satellite internet, until recently, actually required you to hold an FCC license as it’s technically a form of broadcasting. If you can set up dial-up internet, ethernet is the same thing, just tens of times as fast. You plug it into the modem, you plug the modem into the router, you set the router up to your computer, and you’re good to go. It really is as simple as all that.
Look, it’s not 1998 anymore. Matchbox 20 hasn’t released a good album in over a decade, flannel shirts are out of style, and nobody’s using AOL 2.0 for all their internet needs anymore. If you’re tired of waiting all day for your email to load, if you want to stop using stone age internet, then stop waiting and start using ethernet today.
The smash success of The Lord of the Ring and Narnia as films has created a market for high fantasy to be translated onto the silver screen. Everyone has their favorites. Here are mine.
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – It would seem to be a given that with Peter Jackson’s interpretation of Tolkien’s epic trilogy, that the prequel novel Tolkien wrote, a children’s story about how the hobbit Bilbo came by the One Ring to start with, would be a no brainer. Peter Jackson would once again write and direct. Ian Holm would reprise his role as Bilbo Baggins. Ian McKellen would return as Gandalf the wizard. There would be dwarves, elves, heroic humans, and one big, scary dragon. The use of the elvish word for friend will be beneficial for the audience. A market of fantasy will be created through the poet for the engagement of the audience.
Unfortunately the project, which is under development, is mired in legal wrangling. There is some doubt that Peter Jackson will even be involved in the project.
Magician by Raymond Feist – Magician is the first of a long series known as the Riftwar. The story concerns a young man named Pug who becomes a mighty magician in a pseudo medieval land. Several elements make the story work better than most of this kind. First, the crisis concerns the invasion of an army of a race of pseudo Asians from a parallel universe. Second, is Feist’s excellent writing and story telling skills. Finally, the characters are fun and well drawn. There are battle scenes, palace intrigue, and roman galore.
The Belgariad by David Eddings – The Belgariad is a five book series concerning the adventures of one Garion, a country boy with a great destiny in the coming fight against evil. The Belgariad is different in many ways from other is in genre in that it isn’t based on the whole human/dwarf/elf infrastructure, it has a much more sophisticated political system, it had a different and unique form of magic, and finally the quest is more interesting. The story is well told and the characters (including a thief/spy named-I kid you not-Silk) are entertaining. If making the Lord of the Rings meant doing three films at the same time, this project would mean making five. But that would surely make for a greater revenue stream.
The Palace by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro – The Palace is the second in Yarbro’s series about the inmortal vampire, St. Germain. I find it a better written story than the first book, Hotel Transylvania, and in an era, the Italian Renascence, that is not only more interesting but under used in film. St. Germain is living in late 15th Century Florence of Lorenzo di Medici where he finds romance with two very different ladies and peril at the hands of the fanatical friar Savonarola. There’s lots of historical detail and, unique among fictional vampires, St. Germain is rather moral and attractive person.
A Midsummer Tempest by Poul Anderson – The premise of this novel is that everything in Shakespeare’s plays are literally true. It’s set in a different England during a different English Civil War with one Prince Rupert of the Rhine as the hero. There are 16th Century steam locomotives, locales and characters from a Midsummer’s Nights Dream and the Tempest, and a cameo by King Arthur and his knights as Prince Rupert goes on a quest to find a way to stop the triumph of Cromwell and the Roundheads.
No doubt, the different types of saws are out there, but all of them are not the same. When you search online to buy a saw, then you can get a list of various saws to choose from. Before going to pick the one, you need to determine your needs and pay attention to some crucial factors. You may have noticed that the scroll saws and band saws are more common these days. At first glance, both of these saws look similar.
It is important to understand everything related to the scroll saws and band saws for making your final choices. Know the features and other details of these two different saws and then take your steps forward. Most of the buyers are still confused about whether they should buy a band saw or scroll saw. If you are also facing the same problem, then you need to take care of some essential things. Both of the saws have a work table as well as a blade that is located in the middle of the machine.
The band saw, and scroll saw has a lot of differences that you need to keep in mind before going to make purchases. With the help of knowing the differences, you can buy the right type of saw to meet your requirements. Keep reading this post to know all about the band saw and scroll saw.
What is a band saw?
The band saw is one of the common saws that look similar to the scroll saw. This saw is more powerful than the scroll saw. And that’s why you are able to cut metal, but it is mainly used for woodworking. It is open to the front and rear, so you can also use a long wood object for it. Whenever you put an object on the table, then you should always try to keep a space between the object and the blade.
The band saw is compact in size, which makes it more demanding among the contractors with the small workplace. This saw is versatile that allows you to make use of the different types of blades without hassles. If you want to cut metal, then you should use the strong blades, whereas the use of small blades can be used for detailed work.
What is scroll saw?
The scroll saw is also gaining popularity due to its small blades. Well, this saw is operated by electricity that allows controlling the speed of the moving blades. You just need to press the pedals for controlling the blades. Most of the people find it challenging at the beginning, but later they can master the skills by using it regularly.
While buying this saw from the market or online, you should pay attention to the throat size. It is a crucial factor that should be considered during the selection process. Make sure the blades are six inches long and able to cut the thick materials. While using this saw, you can change its blades with ease. It also makes it an ideal option for buyers.
Let’s know the difference
Once you have checked the details related to scroll saw and the band saw, you should pick the one as per your needs. Before making your final decision, it becomes important to know that how the band saw is different from the scroll saw. If you want to check out all the differences, then you should read the points which have been mentioned below.
- The main difference between these two is the blade. The blades of band saws are bigger, whereas the scroll saws have small-sized blades. The bigger blades are flexible, but the small blades are thin. With the help of knowing this difference, you may easily pick the right saw in order to cater to your needs.
- If you are working on a small project, then you should purchase the scroll saws. On the other hand, the band saws are beneficial to handle large projects. It is also the main factor which makes these saws different from each other. Always notice this essential point and then choose the right saw to make purchases.
- The scroll saws are useful for the detail as well as designing work. With the help of a band saw, you can’t handle these tasks. The band saws are only useful to handle the big projects where you need to cut the big wood. This saw also works better for cutting metal, but people consider it for woodworking projects.
After knowing all these differences, you can easily decide to buy the right type of saw to handle your projects. Remember all these points while making your decision to avoid mistakes. A bad choice may lead to several problems in the future, and that’s why you should make your decision smartly.
What should I buy?
If you are willing to buy a saw, then you may face some issues during the selection process. After knowing the difference between a band saw and a scroll saw, you can easily pick the one. Buyers should always understand the purposes of buying a saw to make the right decision in no time. Never make your choices in a hurry because a single mistake may create several problems. Determine the type of task for which you require a saw and then choose the right option. Both saws look similar, but they are not.
Read the details and features of these two and then take your steps forward. To get the quality cut, you should use the right saw. Never use one saw for other’s job because it may affect the quality of work that you are doing. In the below post, we are going to mention the main uses of the scroll saw and the band saw.
Uses of the scroll saw –
- create jigsaw puzzles
- detailed cuts
- make letters as well as numbers from wood
- suitable for all small projects
Uses of the band saw –
- shelves and tables
- planter boxes
- handle all big projects
You should pay proper attention to these details for making the right decision to make purchases. Instead of wasting your time to find the right saw to handle your projects. You should consider all the above-mentioned factors to pick the right type of saw to meet your requirements. Along with these factors, you should also give importance to your budget. According to the prices, the scroll saws are the cheaper ones. You also need to keep your budget in mind for making the final purchases.
So, what’s the final verdict?
It is not good to think that the band saws and the scroll saws are exactly the same. It is true that these two look same, but they are used to handle different tasks. The band saws are used to handle the big projects related to wood like making furniture. On the other hand, the scroll saws are mainly used for decorative projects. Keep all the essential details in mind and then decide the right type of saw as per your task. You can also buy both to deal with the different types of woodworking projects.
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages on a global scale which is why you will find that coffee roasters in Singapore are really popular and there is a huge global demand for such coffee roasters. However, there are different things that you should keep in your mind as you decide to roast coffee on your own. In this article, we are going to take a look at the 7 different things that will help you in roasting your coffee perfectly.
- The first step in this process is to learn all about green coffee beans and the process of tasting defective beans so that you get the very best coffee beans. Moreover, this knowledge is going to help you understand the difference between the taste and variety that is offered by different types of coffee beans.
- With the evolution of technology, you will find that it is really easy for beginners to get high-quality equipment as they start roasting coffee on their own. However, as a professional coffee roaster, you should always look for high quality coffee beans that you can use.
- In this step, we will learn about the difference in the roasting process and the different variations that are there when it comes to roasting. Basically, there are 4 types of roasting variations that are light roast, medium roast, medium-dark roast, and dark roast. As a professional coffee roaster, you should learn to identify the taste all these roastings offer and how can you execute the roasting perfectly.
Lightly roasted beans are generally light brown and offer you a mild taste, medium roasted beans are darker than light roasted and are most popular in America. Medium dark roasted coffee beans offer a rich flavor along with an oily surface, and lastly, dark roasted coffee beans are bitter in taste and they also have an oily surface.
- You should always buy the freshest coffee possible as that will get you the rich flavor of coffee and green coffee beans are best if you get them from a supplier because of their long shelf life. Over time the flavor and taste of coffee beans are also affected.
- As you are roasting the coffee beans you will find that during the initial phase of roasting you will hear a cracking sound that will indicate you about the roasting process. Hearing more than one cracks indicated that you are roasting the beans for too long and you should stop.
This is where it is really important that you learn about the right temperature that will get you the best flavor with the beans. Besides that, it is also recommended that you stir the beans during the roasting process to get the best results.
- Fast roasting is another quick way of roasting the beans but it is quite complex as well, as you can easily burn the bean during that. This is why it is recommended that start with easier roasting processes and slowly try out these complex and faster roasting processes.
- Lastly, it is really important that you get yourself familiarized with the roaster that you are using so that you can use it to its full potential. Moreover, if you are familiar with your roaster it will get easier for you to roast your coffee beans perfectly.
These are the most important things that you should keep in your mind as you start roasting your own coffee beans.
If you’ve played an online multiplayer game online before as a newcomer, you know what to expect. You meet a few who may not know what they’re doing, a few people who know how to win, and a few who seem godlike in the multiplayer, compared to most. In the Xbox 360 first person shooter game Halo 3, it’s no different.
You’ll come across competition online who are formidable opponents, people who’ll make you think “What the [bleep] just happened to me?” and you’ll definitely meet players who make you think “How do they survive in this game? They’re terrible!” However, your journey to being a good online player is just beginning. Here are a few easy strategies to help you stay one step ahead of the competition and win in Halo 3’s online multiplayer modes.
The strategies listed out are what most beginners can try out as it has a nice insight into what Halo’s will unfold as the game progresses on, which would be similar to Pokemon go accounts for sale technique.
Play the single player campaign
Some people like to play the offline campaign, and others just like to jump into the online multiplayer modes. Regardless, the online multiplayer modes are the biggest draw for all Halo 3 players. If you’re hurting for skill however, it’s best to go into the offline campaign, and refine your skills there for a little bit. You can also learn about the mechanics and controls of the game, such as using grenades, and firing, acquiring and switching weapons before going online.
Being comfortable with the game’s various mechanics can save a lot of time getting to know the online multiplayer modes. It also gets you some bragging rights if you happen to clear the offline mode on various difficulties. Clearing the offline campaign is optional, however.
Jumping: It isn’t just for rabbits anymore
Jumping adds a new dimension to first person shooter games, especially online. In some games, it’s a way of showing off mobility in a humorous way. In others, it’s a way to abuse mobility issues. In Halo 3’s multiplayer however, it can mean the difference between getting a free point, and getting a rifle slammed into your noggin, losing a point that could’ve easily been kept.
Learn when to jump, and when jumping is a bad idea. Jumping is best for slowing an opponent’s tracking of your body(requiring more time to aim for them, and more time to shoot for you), but it can also be used to get the drop on opponents above you, or to avoid defeat in open areas, by jumping into holes or lower areas. Jumping isn’t a good idea in closed areas, or in the range of weapons such as turrets. People in the online multiplayer modes seem to love using turrets.
Pay attention to the radar and player/enemy icons
The radar in Halo 3’s online multiplayer can be very useful. It shows incoming players with yellow dots, and incoming enemies with red dots. The only flaw with this system is that players can get confused, as the radar doesn’t distinguish between players or enemies in the floors above and below you. However, you can prepare for incoming enemies by hiding in corners, or under ledges.
There are also icons on the screen to indicate players(bright arrows). Pay attention to the colors… yellow arrows mean players are attacking, and orange means players are being attacked, with red arrows along with a X mark means they’ve been defeated. Go to the aid of your fellow players based on the appropriate colors!
Also take note that the “radar jammer” item renders the radar useless(as it displays tons of red dots on the screen), so when push comes to shove, pay attention to the player icons on the screen.
Head-On collisions: Make sure they count
Many players in the online modes, especially low ranking players, like to fly towards an enemy opponent like a kamikaze pilot during World War 2, and at best, hope they don’t share the same fate they have in store for their opponent. If you happen to engage in this common and exciting, but incredibly risky multiplayer practice, make sure you’re well prepared to defeat your competition.
First thing’s first, use the melee attack. It does great damage and in many case can guarantee an easy victory if one quickly switches weapons after to shoot the opponent. The best distance to use this attack is when 50% of the opponent’s body can be seen on the screen. The worst distance is when the player can almost see through their heads. Try damaging opponents before they get close for the best outcome. This insures that once they do get close, you’ll be the victor.
Another tip is to make sure you have grenades handy, both long range and “sticky” ones such as the purdy plasma grenade. When you’re close enough to the enemy that you can smell ’em, launch a sticky right at them, making sure to aim for their lower regions, such as their feet and torso for best results. If you happen to lose the battle, the opponent will have an ironic surprise waiting for them. The long range grenades can be used for opponents who move constantly, or any opponents close to you, who may or may not have helped defeat you.
Use the buddy system in multiplayer: It works
Once you spawn onto the map, find a partner and stay with them. There’s great potential in scoring points online using this mindset of teaming up. Some people in Halo 3, including low ranking players(according to the trueskill system anyway) can get away with being a one-man team and win in multiplayer, but most can’t afford to.
If a player happens to come across an enemy(or in many cases, enemies), they can give their partner assistance in clearing out the other team. If they play your cards right, the entire team can be taken out, with just 2 people! If in the worst case scenario, the partner gets taken out, chances are the other player can take out the person that took them out and any others that may have helped, as they might’ve taken some damage as well.
Based on personal experience and the experiences of other players in the multiplayer, the most points lost in an online multiplayer game came from being outnumbered(usually losing players would be by themselves). Players should rarely, if ever, go against multiple opponents alone, unless they either have a powerful weapon, or have a lot of grenades and even then it’s usually a bad idea. Don’t be a Halo 3 statistic, find a partner to team up with!
You can also use your partner to distract the enemy, then when the enemy thinks the worst is over, come in and beat them into submission. There’s almost limitless potential in how you and your partner can defeat the competition. The best thing one can do for their team online is to get the whole gang together and kick some butt. Remember: there’s safety in numbers where Halo 3 is concerned!
And there you have it – 5 practical strategies any player in the online multiplayer modes can take to the bank. Now go and show those spartans who’s boss!
Dollar stores have been very popular destinations to buy everyday items and holiday gifts at a low price. In 2002, one new store changed the choices made by consumers when it comes to shopping for the holidays and any regular time of the year. The store was called Five Below. Since then, this value retail shop has expanded into over 50 locations on the east coast. Dollar stores may always be a great place for consumers to find inexpensive household items, crafts and holiday gifts. However, Five Below stores have set themselves apart in many ways to make them one of the best shopping destinations for young men and women.
Here are 5 great benefits for shopping at Five Below Stores:
Cheap prices at Five Below Stores
You can probably save more at dollar stores, but Five Below is also cheap. I have visited some Five Below locations a few times and found lots of inexpensive items on the shelf. Everything in the store is $5 or less, making this a great place to shop if you do not have lots of money to spend. Another great benefit of Five Below stores when it comes to price is that you can get more for what you pay. Much like dollar stores, Five Below locations carry lots of merchandise where you get two or three items for the price of one.
Quality Merchandise at Five Below Stores
One benefit that I noticed about Five Below stores that really sets them apart from traditional dollar and value stores is the merchandise. There are items you can buy that may be sold by Wal-Mart or other larger retailers at higher prices. You can get household items and essentials for college dorm rooms for less than you would pay for the same item elsewhere. I was very surprised to see that Five Below stores also carries popular entertainment like books, games and movies. I saw a few copies of The Wedding Crashers, CSI Games and Wheel of Fortune at one Five Below location.
These Five Below stores also carry fun electronics and accessories such as wireless headsets and cell phone cases. By visiting a Five Below store, it is easy to tell that the quality of their merchandise is on a higher level than retailers that sell merchandise for just $1. You can buy everything from food, cosmetics, household furniture and clothing at Five Below stores. Just about all of these items are popular brands, not the generic items you may find at dollar stores. This is an additional benefit of shopping at Five Below stores.
Fundraising Opportunities with Five Below Stores
I have not known of many large retailers who offer fundraising opportunities for almost any organization. You do not have to be the chairman of a large group with Tom Cruise at your spokesperson to be able to hold fundraising events with Five Below stores. This is a great depiction of one company helping the little guy. You can raise money for your school, sports team or other organization by teaming up with Five Below stores. They will give you a percentage of the sales from a chosen location. That is like one store working for you without your club having to spend a lot of money to produce a fundraiser on your own. This would require little effort which includes creating awareness for the shopping event and collecting your funds afterward.
Five Below Stores are Spacious
The Five Below stores that I visited were easy to navigate through. This is a very pleasant experience during the holiday shopping season. Five Below stores are well lit and may even have someone there to help you find items on your shopping list. You can also find almost everything you need in this store. You can find accessories, bags, slim minimalist wallet, clothes and so many more. You just have to ve very wise in choosing the things you need to buy. That is not to say that dollar stores and other value stores are small. I have been to some large dollar stores as well. However, there are numerous locations of value stores that have too little space for shoppers to move around with ease. You either end up knocking merchandise over accidentally or waiting longer to get out of the store because other shoppers are moving slow. That can be a big hassle during the holidays which is why more spacious stores are the best places to shop.
The Trendy Benefit of Five Below Stores
The quality of merchandise at Five Below stores is not great only because of their durability. These products are also modern in style and in popular demand among consumers. Many of the products I found at Five Below stores were items that I saw on TV, in magazines or in more expensive stores. That makes this value retailer all the rage when it comes to the modern shopper. This aspect is also shown in the design and layout of Five Below stores. Everything from the store’s logo to its interior and exterior appearance is colorful and will easily grab your attention.
If you are looking for cheap merchandise but want the same quality of more costly products, Five Below is a great place to shop. You can easily get in and out of the store without feeling crammed with other shoppers. The staff may also be very helpful. However, this could depend on the location that you visit. I have yet to encounter any problems at Five Below stores. If you do not have a lot of money and still need to get a few holiday gifts, this store can help you save a significant amount of money.